Friday, June 28, 2013

DAY 13 - PUGET SOUND



University of Puget Sound    
Tacoma, Washington
www.pugetsound.edu

Mascot:
The Loggers



Current Student Contact:
Deirdre   (rising junior)
Hometown:
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Major:
Molecular and Cellular Biology minor in English



Why did you choose to attend this school?
I went to a small high school and knew I wanted a small private college. I knew that private colleges could provide me with a great education in a smaller environment and grant me the financial accessibility. In New Mexico you can go to the University of New Mexico for free, the lottery pays for it, so most people clearly choose that Route. My parents are from Oregon and I applied to eleven colleges, University of Puget Sound was the right size and made it affordable for my family.

Where do you see yourself after UPS?
I want to go to medical school and become an OBGYN.





Fumio, Director of Admission, gave Gus and I a personal tour. Fumio worked in admission at Bowdoin when I was a student and we worked together at Exploration Summer Program.


Where next?
Lewis and Clark, Portland OR


No comments:

Post a Comment